Wednesday, November 29, 2006

CRAZY SILLY ACTION
So this week I had my photo shoot for PAPER Magazine. An upcoming issue is featuring a few of us West Coast eastsiders. And hooray! I was included with a really rad grouping of people, including Leyla from HeartsChallenger...the wonderful ice cream, musical sparkling gal. Yummy treats. We also had Franki Chan, Brooke from White Trash Charms, the owner of the Cha-Cha (love that place!!!) and a ton of other cool folk. Then, I got to listen to Anne Lee and Joe on Little Radio. Apparently Joe stopped by and dropped a few jokes on the air. And I requested only a dozen jams. Hilarious! Finally, it was naptime, followed by snack time and then off to Check Yo' for an amazing show by The Gray Kid and some dance action with Guns N Bombs. Sooo rad. Both performances completely blew my mind. The funniest part of the evening was when a dude grabbed me and said I had to take someone's picture, that it was a great photo opportunity. Then he asked if I liked rock stars. I tried not to laugh. And for a while, as he introduced me to his friend, I went along with the fact that they were pretending he was the guitarist from The Strokes. Needless to say, I pulled the chain pretty quick when I realized it was The Shys...being I guess a bit bashful? Drunken rock stars...pretending to be other rock stars..what? Huh? Oh well, it left me with a few giggles.
But of course, it appears I'm a bit stretched thin and decided to take today to chill, especially since I'm pretty much suffering from borderline strep throat, if there is such a thing as borderline. Oh well, all good things must have rest periods, or something. Ech. Someone bring me tea. Or ale, with ginger. Please.

No comments: